ABOUT THE TRAINING
THE ESSENTIALS OF CAREGIVING ” is a 4 day certified caregiver introductory class designed to provide you with a proper introduction into the field of caregiving, and equip you with the knowledge, skills and opportunity you need to confidently begin a career as a Personal Care Aide, Home Health Aide, or Nursing Assistant.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
PROMPT HOME HEALTH is a registered healthcare organization that provides quality healthcare services to adults and children in the comfort of their home.
Since 2009, the Prompt Home Health team have been at the forefront of the home health movement, working with other healthcare providers to give more Nigerians access to quality healthcare services delivered at home.
THE HOME HEALTH CARE FOUNDATION INC. is an international Not-For-Profit organization devoted to providing caregiver training courses for individuals who need to start a career in caregiving, or enhance their skill sets in caregiving.
THE ESSENTIALS OF CAREGIVING COURSE OBJECTIVES AND CURRICULUM
Our courses are delivered by experienced instructors and our participants are given training materials and support, to ease their learning.
Our aim is to help our trainees succeed, by delivering internationally accredited and relevant caregiver training courses and certification services that are recognized by organizations and government agencies in Nigeria and worldwide.
Furthermore, the structure of our courses and materials are based on international standards and accreditations in caregiving.
In addition, we offer job search assistance and free career placement after training.
At the end of this training, you should be able to do the following:
1. Have an in-depth understanding of home healthcare, including the types, benefits, process and structure.
2. Define the various categories of caregivers and responsibilities.
3. Identify and describe the physical, psychological and social needs of patients.
4. Give an in-depth description of Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia and explain strategies and interventions for dealing with challenges associated with Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia.
5. Identify and describe proper communication skills with patients, families, the organization, etc.
6. Identify risks to caregiver safety and means of preventing them.
The following topics will be covered in the course of this training:
1. Understanding Home Health
2. Caregiver: Duties and Responsibilities
3. Emergency Care and Disaster Preparation
4. Confusion, Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
5. Communication and Cultural Diversity
6. Infection Prevention and Standard Precautions.
7. Safety and Body Mechanics
8. Physical, Psychological and Social Health
9. Dignity in Care
10. Basic Skills in Caregiving, etc.
11. Body Systems and Related Conditions
12. Ethics and Conduct of Practice. Etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This training is open to nurses, community health extension workers (CHEWS), nursing assistants, nannies or caregivers, and any other person interested in home healthcare.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US
Having a certificate in home healthcare will give you an edge among your counterparts and increase your chances of being employed to work as a Home Health Aide or Home Health Nurse.
2. COMPREHENSIVE CURRICULUM
Our curriculum is comprehensive and thorough with visual aids to guide you and give you the best learning experience.
3. EXPERT FACULTY
You’ll be learning from vastly experienced tutors who are currently in the home care business.
4. A CHANCE TO JOIN OUR TEAM OF HEALTHCARE WORKERS
We are always looking to expand our team to bright, skilled and compassionate health workers. Actively participating in our training class automatically puts you at the top of our recruitment list.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT
1. Register for the class using this link.
2. Pay the training fee to
Account Name: Prompt Home Health Abuja
Account No: 1210213462
Bank Name: Zenith Bank
3. Forward a copy of your receipt to 09085449942 on WhatsApp or to our mail firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is the minimum age to participate in this training?
Interested candidates for this training must be at least 18 years and above in line with the Nigerian legal age of consent.
What other requirement is needed to participate in this training?
Interested applicants must possess at least a secondary school certificate. Higher educational qualifications are perfectly acceptable.
Where is the training location?
Our trainings hold in different locations at different times within the country. Always check advertisement flyers to know what particular location at particular times.
How much is the registration fee?
Fixed registration fee is N30, 000 per person. However, sometimes we get sponsors and partnerships that drastically reduces costs for students.
N:B: Always check flyers for updated training fees when new training dates are announced.
Can I participate online?
At the moment, no. But we are working to ensure the availability of online classes soon.
Do I get training materials when I participate?
Yes. We prepare student manuals for all the classes.
Is there an examination after the class?
We are very intentional about the quality and objectives of this training. Hence, we prepared some tests to be taken before and after the training.
This would serve as a means of evaluating the entire learning process and also as a feedback mechanism for both the trainer and the trainee.
We put in a lot of time and resources to planning our trainings, all with one purpose- to give you an opportunity to better yourself and equip you with the tools you need to succeed.