Prompt Home Health in collaboration with The Home Health Care Foundation regularly provides Caregiver Training Courses to equip those who want to start a career in caregiving, or further their career in caregiving, with the knowledge, skills and opportunity they need to become effective caregivers.
Essentials of Caregiving:
The training is designed for those who want to learn the basics of Caregiving in order to start a career in caregiving, or to further their career in caregiving.
Those who should attend:
Anybody interested in pursuing a career in Caregiving in Nigeria and abroad.
Minimum Qualification required: WAEC
Benefits of attending:
At the end of this training, you should be able to do the following:
1. Receive a Certificate of Training from a licensed Home Health Care Foundation/Registered Home Health company.
2. Have an in-depth understanding of home healthcare, including the types, benefits, process and structure.
3. Define the various categories of caregivers and their responsibilities.
4. Identify and describe the physical, psychological and social needs of patients.
5. Have an in-depth description of Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia and explain strategies and interventions for dealing with challenges associated with Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia.
6. Identify and describe proper communication skills with patients, families, the organization, etc.
7. Identify risks to caregiver safety and means of preventing them, and more